Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
China, are you listening . . . ?
(05-03-2019, 11:44 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You misunderstand.  I am not saying the Russia story is unimportant or that it should be, as you say, covered up.  I am pointing out that Maddow apparently thinks there are no other topics worth covering. 

Again, you misunderstand.  I get all of that but I am pointing out that China is at least as bad as Russia in this regard and is a far greater threat than Russia has any chance of being in the near, or even far, future.

Over the last month, Maddow has been interviewing all the Dem candidates, one by one. I don't watch her every night, but I remember stories on Yemen, jared's china connections, and Iran.

Also she interviewed Bridget Kelly about her role in Bridgegate on 4/25 and did a segment on the NRA 4/29.

I think she spends time on the Mueller Report because

1. The Russians--not China--appear once again poised to interfere with U.S. elections.

2. The U.S. president today had a conversation with Putin about "many wonderful things" and does not believe Russia will interfere again, if they even did in 2016 (Putin says "No").   This means Homeland Security, the FBI and CIA work this out as best they can on their own.

3. A significant number of Republicans still believe there was no Russian interference in 2016.

So to sum up, while China is shaping up to be the next Superpower, both economically and militarily, there is at the moment no public evidence that they have been as aggressive in damaging U.S. democracy as Russia has. Our Intel Community certainly has its eye on China; it's not an either/or from their perspective. They can watch both.  But what makes Russia the greater immediate problem is 1) their 2016 multilevel swarming attack on our elections, and 2) the political fallout/division resulting from that--the election of Trump, his public vilification of the FBI and CIA (who are actually trying to defend the US), his success in sowing doubt about the free press and whether the Russians really attacked us, his refusal to plan for and lead defense of the coming election, his defiance of Congress and the consequent Constitutional crisis.

If you are Trump, you are likely hoping/expecting Russia to intervene on your behalf again--not China. So however economically powerful China is becoming, it does not live in the head of our president the way Russia and Putin do, damaging our national security from the inside, from the highest office.

I and many other Americans appreciate Rachel's continuing updates and analysis of this looming threat.

PS Lots of interesting legal history about Watergate and subpoenas tonight. It's like a class on government.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
China, are you listening . . . ? - Dill - 05-03-2019, 04:17 PM
RE: China, are you listening . . . ? - Dill - 05-04-2019, 12:14 AM
RE: China, are you listening . . . ? - CJD - 05-03-2019, 10:09 PM