Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest difference we’ll see this year and why I’m so pumped.
(05-06-2019, 08:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, that's an easy answer. Our offensive line. You have to have a good line that gels together with everyone on the same page to successfully run a no huddle. We had a guard who could not false start even when getting the count in the huddle, 2 less than stellar tackles (Glenn was playing hurt most of the season, and, depending on the game, a back up center or a rookie center. Andy is built for the no huddle, and can quickly step to the line and dissect the defense.... then line, however, not so much.

It'll also help to be in the same system for a couple years. The Dalton/Green era started off with a strong foundation (established system with Gruden for 3 straight years) and ran smooth (with a solid OLine) when they went no huddle. Now they've changed offenses every year the last 4 years.

I think this is why ZT is calling plays and the Bengals wanted an OC minded HC. Teams lose OC's too quickly to promotions and changing offenses annually has never been good for developing an offensive identity which helps running the no huddle with so many players on the same page and familiar with the system.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biggest difference we’ll see this year and why I’m so pumped. - jj22 - 05-06-2019, 09:59 AM