Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alabama Court Awards Fetus the Right to Sue
(05-03-2019, 09:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I didn't say the sperm wasn't a gift; I simply asked why couldn't the female be the one providing the gift.

I wanna do Xmas with you this year.  You get me some socks for Xmas.  I get you some socks for Xmas.  I keep the socks you give me.  I keep the socks I give you.  Yeah . . .

Quote:Sure I can make the connection but it's not been the foundation of my stance. Mine is more concerned about equal rights to the man and women.

Equal rights in Alabama?  The same state that refuses to recognize the separation of church and state? Where Roy Moore refused to follow court orders to take down a Ten Commandment display in a courthouse?  Or refused to recognize federal court orders regarding marriage equality?  Without even getting into the whole civil rights debate.

This is not about equality any more than The War Between the States was about state's rights.  This is about another effort by conservative Christians in the Bible belt to chip away at Roe vs. Wade to legislate their religious beliefs upon others.  Period.

Quote:Perhaps you should combat the religious angle to someone that is using it. But it still wouldn't make your cited example any more relevant.

The religious angle is completely relevant because conservative Christian ideology is the basis for why this is happening in Alabama and why the governor of Georgia just signed a new abortion bill into law.  If Christians want to follow the Bible, then let's follow the Bible.  And in this case, since the woman involved isn't a virgin we have to stone her to death IAW the Bible.

Quote:You are providing other examples to prove yourself wrong.

[Image: giphy.gif]

I'm providing examples of virgin birth mythologies and why Christians shouldn't legislate their religion anymore than the ancient Egyptians.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alabama Court Awards Fetus the Right to Sue - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-07-2019, 02:43 PM