Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
The Circle Game or Neo Nazi symbol?
(05-09-2019, 11:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is a tough one. I am intimately aware of this game, and have found myself wondering why it seems people are bringing it back. Are people making the sign with their hands above the waist just not aware of the game and don't know what they are doing, or is there a covert white supremacist symbol at play? Honestly, I don't know, and honestly it is one reason why this hasn't been something that I have been overly concerned about.

I do think the whole thing about it being used to mean "white power" has been in the news enough that anyone that catches flak for it when they are claiming to just be funny or play the circle game is a moron. Just my two cents.

I think it was brought back because nostalgia is big and social media added a new outlet for playing it with friends. I think the majority of those doing it above the waist are just doing it wrong, not necessarily trying to have it mean something coded. 

I get your point at the end, but there are definitely people who don't know it's new meaning. 

(05-09-2019, 11:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think we look too hard to find hate. I remember when the Covington Kids were making news as white supremacists and there was a story of them making this symbol at a basketball game every time someone made a 3-Point shot.

I never knew why it was equated with racism until you explained it just now. I assume giving the OK symbol is still....OK.

And they weren't even doing the symbol. For the "circle game", you do it upside down like this:

[Image: thumb-77.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif]

They were just doing an okay symbol that I've seen before in basketball and idiots thought it was something else when it wasn't even upside down and below the belt.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Circle Game or Neo Nazi symbol? - BmorePat87 - 05-09-2019, 11:34 PM