Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
The Circle Game or Neo Nazi symbol?
(05-09-2019, 11:38 PM)Benton Wrote: This is something that's becoming the norm, unfortunately.

Somebody thinks up a "great" idea, and people run with it. If you want to make something mainstream, just lump it in with something else on social media. Hell, we have literal Nazis protesting survivor events https://tinyurl.com/y4tyaypb and people who say 'Well, the term Nazi gets applied too liberally, so they're lots of good Nazis.'

The issue is always in the intent. If the guy making the symbol behind the reporter was doing it in the spirit of the game, no foul. If he's a racist moron, foul. Without knowing any more than 'some guy made the symbol behind a black reporter' it's not possible to know.

My daughter and I make the symbol all the time. We've done it since binge watching Malcom in the Middle. I don't plan to stop. Why? Because I'm not a Nazi.

And that's where context comes in.

A guy wearing a nazi symbol doing it is different than you and your daughter at home.

Also have any of the folks "accused" of being white nationalists said they were playing that game?  Most of the defense I saw of them was pictures of other people making the "okay" sign.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Circle Game or Neo Nazi symbol? - GMDino - 05-10-2019, 10:09 AM