Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Korea threatens to withdraw from summit with Trump
(05-10-2019, 02:42 PM)Bengalzona Wrote:
North Korea has nuclear weapons and has stated they want to use them against us.
They are developing missiles in order to reach the U.S. That is not a threat? Additionally, they supplied nuclear weapon technology to Pakistan and Iran and attempted to send it to Libya.

I don't recall Saddam Hussein ever doing that.

And aren't we threatening Iran with war right now just for the fear that they will do this same thing?

Not sure they "want" to use nukes in the sense their goal is war with the U.S.  They know a nuke duke out with the U.S. would wipe out Great Leader Kim Il Sung's total legacy.

Missiles that can reach the US are definitely a threat from THAT regime.  But I think their goal is to create an umbrella of protection for their country and perhaps eventually create opportunities to regain the South. And you are dead right about the danger they pose with a nuclear end around--transfering technology to places where it might fall into the hands of people with no territory to defend who like to see a nuke go off in NYC.

The Iran analogy is not good. I rate Trump and Bolton as similar dangers to world peace. 

I do share your sense of urgency about all this, though.  I just think the NK regime could be imploded by a serious sanctions regime. It was working before the Trump summits. The world would back on that--even China and Russia to some degree. Though you do make a great point above about how NK works for them as a thorn in our side. But it's a thorn in their side too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: North Korea threatens to withdraw from summit with Trump - Dill - 05-10-2019, 03:27 PM