Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alabama Court Awards Fetus the Right to Sue
(05-15-2019, 07:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am amused that a law enforcement officer does not understand how public safety can create a compelling state interest to justify limiting individual rights.

Sure thing, Fred.  So why not have a mandatory fingerprint and DNA database for all US residents?  It would make the vast majority of criminal acts infinitely easier to solve.

Quote:Do you also find it amusing that some people are in favor of limiting your right to free speech based on the actions of criminals who incite riots?

Interesting that you would use this example.  See this is an example of the first amendment, the right to own a firearm is the second amendment.  I've been looking intensively and have yet to find the amendment guaranteeing the right to get an abortion.  (note this doesn't change my opinion on abortion just pointing out the absurdity of your argument)

(05-15-2019, 07:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am pretty sure everyone here clearly understands their position.

Somehow I don't think so.

Quote:I think it would help you a bit if you came to the realization that the vast majority of people who are pro gun regulation believe that making it easy for criminals and people with zero training to buy and possess deadly weapons leads to increased violence and deaths.

I could be wrong, but I think you're again conflating a Constitutionally guaranteed right with a non-right.  Your argument is silly.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alabama Court Awards Fetus the Right to Sue - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-15-2019, 10:08 PM