Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alabama Court Awards Fetus the Right to Sue
So let's say a state passes very stringent guns laws.  Allowing for ownership but with grand measures like requiring a doctor's evaluation (physically and mentally) from very specific kinds of doctors and approval from every person you live with before you can own a gun.   You can still own one but you must got through tons of hoops (no you don't now) and it is heavily regulated by the government to limit the number of people who can actually pass the tests to get a gun.  You are still allowed to have them!  You just have to meet very specific guidelines.  Because of safety reasons.  We must try and limit the number of gun deaths (murders and suicides and accidental) and well, the government knows how best to determine if the right to life (of your or someone else) outweighs the right to own a gun.

Would pro-gun be okay and say "well, the court will throw it out because its a waste of time.  I have a right.  they can't just limit how I use it! They can't take the choice away from me because of my circumstances!"

Because I'd rather they invest in education and safety rather than limit gun ownership.  And I'd rather they invest in education and safety rather than outlaw abortions.

No draconian measure will stop abortions, nor shootings.

So let's stop pretending and get to the root of the problem versus attacking the results and the women who have to make that choice.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alabama Court Awards Fetus the Right to Sue - GMDino - 05-17-2019, 08:59 AM