Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My organs. My choice.
Because then hospitals will have fewer organs to harvest from you when you die.

I have a similar question: Why can I only apply to be an organ donor? Why not an organ seller? Why can't I put in my will "at my time of death, my wife may sell my organs for profit to the hospital that needs organs."

However, this will only further create an inequity between rich and poor people. Because where would the cost of the organ fall? Not the hospital. So then you're making all organ transplant lists turn into "Organ purchasing list."

So only rich people could ever afford to get an organ transplant (without going into financial ruin).

And then the new question becomes how much should each organ cost? If there's a demand (like a waiting list for organs), then couldn't you just begin an auctioning process where the person with the most money could skip the line entirely? And wouldn't that just exacerbate the above problem?

Another question: Why does a dead body have the right to refuse having their organs harvested? They're done with them. Why not say all dead bodies are free to be harvested? Why is this not a stance of "pro-life" people?

Messages In This Thread
My organs. My choice. - fredtoast - 05-17-2019, 04:06 PM
RE: My organs. My choice. - bfine32 - 05-17-2019, 04:29 PM
RE: My organs. My choice. - Benton - 05-17-2019, 05:36 PM
RE: My organs. My choice. - hollodero - 05-17-2019, 08:49 PM
RE: My organs. My choice. - jmccracky - 05-17-2019, 11:31 PM
RE: My organs. My choice. - Beaker - 05-18-2019, 08:27 AM
RE: My organs. My choice. - CJD - 05-18-2019, 12:34 PM
RE: My organs. My choice. - michaelsean - 05-20-2019, 11:49 AM