Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Question for all you Pro Life people
(05-20-2019, 10:27 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I have a relatively unrelated question for pro-life people.

When they say a pregnancy cannot be terminated after it reaches 6 weeks, what does that mean?

Because my wife recently had a miscarriage. Our doctor said it was a miscarriage at 7 weeks. We were surprised that he said that because we had only known about it for a little over 2 weeks.

According to the doctor, they track the number of weeks based on your last period. For example, let's say a woman's last period started on April 20th and ended on April 26th. And it is now ~May 19th and her period did not occur on schedule.

Not all women are on an exact 28 day schedule, and stress or other factors can make a period a week late or maybe even later.

It's now May 28th. Her period has now been delayed by a week and a half and she is getting nervous. She takes a pregnancy test and finds out she's pregnant.

By a doctor's definition, to my understanding based on what this doctor told us, she is 5 and a half weeks pregnant. Is it a pro-life person's stance that she now has 3 days to get an abortion, otherwise she is now obligated, by proposed law, to carry that pregnancy to term?

Or does the 6 week bill follow a different timeline than doctors typically do?

Sorry for going through that.  My sister had a couple miscarriages between her two kids.  It's tough.

As to your question I'd reckon none of the brain-surgeons who wrote and voted for the bills in question even gave it a thought as they seem to have little to no idea (or really even care about) how a woman's body works.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question for all you Pro Life people - GMDino - 05-20-2019, 11:13 PM