Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton & Comparative QB Stats...
(09-29-2015, 11:58 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: It's just the playoffs.  A game played in prime time is only meaningful to those who want to track meaningless stats.  Last I checked, they still count as a single game in the standings.  Just because national TV viewership is added in doesn't change the importance.

...and this thread wasn't made to get buy-in or find sellers from the Bengals' fan base.  There's no convincing them from whatever side they are on.  It's more to illustrate just how crazy Dalton's perception in the national media and across the country has become.  It's actually a very unique and polarizing situation.

It's not "literally just the playoffs". Stop saying that. He has had very bad regular season games as well that have brought his overall ratios and statistics down. If his problem was "just the playoffs", he wouldn't be a career 85 rating QB through 4 seasons.

This isn't about what side anybody is on, it's just laying out the facts instead of flat out lying about them like you're doing. He's playing excellent football right now, but we can't pretend his issues were "only" the playoffs before.

(09-29-2015, 12:04 PM)McC Wrote: Maybe this Andy has turned a corner and won't make ten or twelve bad throws in a game.  He has, after all, made a bunch of great throws that maybe we've never seen him make.

And maybe, even if he does have a bad Andy day, maybe he finds a way to overcome them.  Maybe the new definition of Bad Andy will be makes a couple bad throws or turns it over a couple times but doesn't let them sink him, like this past Sunday.

Let me put it this way, I see a different Andy Dalton so far.  This Andy seems more poised, more resilient, more capable of overcoming adversity and less likely to create adversity.  I am cautiously optimistic that this Andy is firmly on the right track.

I completely agree. It looks like a different guy out there, and that's a very good thing from what we've seen thus far. I'm cautiously optimistic as well about both Andy and this team as a whole. If they can go out there and beat some of the other good teams coming up, I'll be able to proceed with less caution for the rest of the year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton & Comparative QB Stats... - djs7685 - 09-29-2015, 12:16 PM