Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Question for all you Pro Life people
(05-22-2019, 08:33 AM)GMDino Wrote: Problem being the SC doesn't even have to take the case.  

(05-22-2019, 09:17 AM)Benton Wrote: Fair point, but I don't think the current scotus is going to overturn r v w. Honestly, I don't think they'll hear a case, outside of laws that hit on gray areas.

I hope that cooler heads prevail with the scotus. I think Trump's election had a LOT to do with the scotus specifically because of R v W. I've heard people say they voted for Trump because they didn't want the Democrats replacing Scalia and Kennedy with liberal judges, making it a 6 to 3 majority, which would kill the ability to overturn R v W for another 30 years at least. The fact that two of the 4 liberal judges are in their 80s right now is already terrifying enough haha.

Ideally, the Democrats take the 2020 election as seriously as the Republicans took the 2016 election (re: scotus nominations), because I don't know if Ginsburg and potentially Breyer can hold out for 6 more years. And with every conservative judge added to that court, the chances of R v W being overturned increases exponentially (because, maybe Gorsuch and Kavanaugh don't choose to vote against it, but the next batch of judges may).[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brett_Kavanaugh][/url]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question for all you Pro Life people - CJD - 05-22-2019, 11:22 AM