Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Question for all you Pro Life people
(05-22-2019, 11:22 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I hope that cooler heads prevail with the scotus. I think Trump's election had a LOT to do with the scotus specifically because of R v W. I've heard people say they voted for Trump because they didn't want the Democrats replacing Scalia and Kennedy with liberal judges, making it a 6 to 3 majority, which would kill the ability to overturn R v W for another 30 years at least. The fact that two of the 4 liberal judges are in their 80s right now is already terrifying enough haha.

This is extremely accurate. It is the basis of the support from the evangelical right. They knew they could mold Trump because he has no real ideology himself and so is easily manipulated a lot of the time. This does also mean his positions are constantly shifting, so not all good.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question for all you Pro Life people - Belsnickel - 05-22-2019, 01:46 PM