Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Question for all you Pro Life people
(05-22-2019, 10:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My mistake I read it as you were talking about yourself. When you said "as a retired...." I see now you were talking about me.

I live with myself because I believe God knows what is in my heart. I never once pulled the trigger out of anger, spite, or vengeance; although I did hate at times. I don't even hold ill-will toward those that tried to kill me and pray they find peace in their hearts. I felt I was working toward the bigger good and prayed God gave those appointed over me the wisdom to work toward that end. Furthermore, I know there is only one unpardonable sin and killing in combat is not it.

Now, do you care to answer the question I posed in my reply?

First, I didn't ask you how you live with yourself.  I asked why killing is okay.  There's a difference.

So killing humans that don't deserve to be killed is forgivable.  Pretty simple rationalization.  I wouldn't worry too much about abortion then, it's forgivable.

To answer your questions, I know collateral damage happens to non-combatants.  Does being a non-combatant make one "innocent"?  Innocent in what way? Innocent as they haven't sinned? Or they aren't a criminal? Or they aren't a soldier? And if they are a soldier does that make them "guilty"?  Would you consider Iraqi soldiers defending their country against our invasion based upon lies "innocent"?  What were they guilty of? Defending their country?  Following lawful orders? Joining the military?  Were we justified in killing them because our government lied about what their government was doing or rather wasn't doing?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question for all you Pro Life people - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-23-2019, 01:33 AM