Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Question for all you Pro Life people
(05-23-2019, 01:33 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: First, I didn't ask you how you live with yourself.  I asked why killing is okay.  There's a difference.

So killing humans that don't deserve to be killed is forgivable.  Pretty simple rationalization.  I wouldn't worry too much about abortion then, it's forgivable.

To answer your questions, I know collateral damage happens to non-combatants.  Does being a non-combatant make one "innocent"?  Innocent in what way? Innocent as they haven't sinned? Or they aren't a criminal? Or they aren't a soldier? And if they are a soldier does that make them "guilty"?  Would you consider Iraqi soldiers defending their country against our invasion based upon lies "innocent"?  What were they guilty of? Defending their country?  Following lawful orders? Joining the military?  Were we justified in killing them because our government lied about what their government was doing or rather wasn't doing?

You seemed pretty much wrapped up in the semantics of the thing. Innocent lives lost is a universal term for someone dying/being killed that did nothing to deserve that death. So when I say abortion takes an innocent life, I am saying someone was killed that did nothing to deserve to be killed.

Not for one second do I think everyone who has an abortion is going to burn in hell, just as I don't think everyone who takes an innocent life in combat is going to burn in hell. This is why I said God knows my heart, just as he knows the heart of everyone who seeks  an abortion. Matt mentioned perhaps there are women that have abortions for the "welfare" of the baby. Although, personally I find that stance to be absurd; that doesn't mean it does not happen.

If your looking for justification (it's okay) from man then I can tell you it is decided in a court. But IMO you are looking the wrong place for the justification; that is why I stated I find it's "okay" in my relationship with God.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question for all you Pro Life people - bfine32 - 05-23-2019, 05:15 PM