Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Boyd seeking 10M a year, wants to stay
(05-24-2019, 11:05 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Boyd showed last year that he can be the X. But I would assume that Taylor would like to see him in his system before extending him.

Marvin Jones knew he had not shot at X, when AJ is still here. So leaving was the only option. I think Boyd feels that AJ won't play but another 2-3 years, so it makes sense that he wants to stay.

Interestingly, AJ was put in slot on occasions last year, and delivered really well crossing the formation.

So the versatility that both offer is intriguing.

If Ross can put his head and body together, this offense can be lethal.

Taylor will be seeing Boyd in his system before the season starts, i think we extend him right before the season.

I like seeing AJ in the Slot, he can engulf the middle of the field and break tackles.

I believe Ross will come around under Taylor and finally be that player i thought he would be. A faster more classy Antonio Brown.

(05-25-2019, 11:35 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Seems most posters have joined the Boyd bandwagon. I'm not saying he isn't a decent player. He had a good year last year. That is without Green and Eifert to target most of the season. I just don't know if he is going to improve this year. I hate long term expensive contracts because injury or poor play could happen and the team gets stuck. Thus, the cap money is not available for another player. I look past the hype and try to evaluate contracts based on what can you do for me in the future. If the Bengals pay Boyd $10 million per year and he does perform I'll admit I was wrong. If not, I doubt any of the posters here will admit it.

Man, i take this gamble everytime on a player that has heart and plays clutch in the biggest situations.

(05-25-2019, 01:58 PM)NKURyan Wrote: You know, he was clearly one of a small handful of players who seemed to give a crap towards the end of the season (him and Mixon are the two that come to mind). He's definitely the kind of guy I 3want on my team.

Yes, Boyd and Mixon were the two that played with mad heart last season when the season was in the toilet.

Atleast on the Offense, on the Defense i would argue it was our Safeties. Bates and our underrated Shawn Williams.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boyd seeking 10M a year, wants to stay - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-25-2019, 02:30 PM