Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Korea threatens to withdraw from summit with Trump
https://thehill.com/policy/international/asia-pacific/445638-trump-personally-thinks-lots-of-good-things-will-come-from

Quote:Trump 'personally thinks lots of good things will come' from North Korea

President Trump on Monday morning said he “personally thinks lots of good things will come" from North Korea following a meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

“I personally think lots of good things will come with North Korea. I may be right. I may be wrong,” Trump told reporters after he and Abe spoke for about 17 minutes with translators in Tokyo. “There’s good respect built between the U.S. and North Korea. We’ll see what happens.”

Trump also said he welcomed Abe trying to negotiate with Iran amid increasing tensions between Tehran and Washington, including the recent recall by the State Department of all non-emergency personnel in Iraq amid what the department said were unspecified threats from Iran-backed militants. Abe added that he wanted a “very candid and productive discussion.”

Earlier in Trump’s four-day visit to Japan, Trump tweeted that he was unconcerned about North Korean missile testing, tweeting Saturday, “I have confidence that Chairman Kim will keep his promise to me” about not getting the weapons, and saying he “smiled” at Kim’s characterization of former Vice President Joe Biden as “low IQ.”

Trump’s comments contradicted his national security adviser, John Bolton, who told reporters in Tokyo, “U.N. Security Council resolutions prohibit North Korea from firing any ballistic missiles … in terms of violating U.N. Security Council resolutions, there is no doubt about that.”

Earlier in the day, Trump became the first world leader to meet with Japan’s new emperor, Naruhito, who assumed office on May 1.

The "Stable Genius" is at it again.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: North Korea threatens to withdraw from summit with Trump - GMDino - 05-28-2019, 02:30 PM