Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote
(05-27-2015, 09:22 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: lol, a blight on society? I can tell you that growing up with a single mother was far better for me than growing up with my mother and my alcoholic father.

I experienced both single parenting and having a mom and dad. Would I have been happier to have my dad clean and in my life? Sure, but it turned out far better adjusted than many others I know with both parents in their house. My single mom raised a professor getting his PhD and two teachers working on their masters. Not bad for a woman who had her first at 19 and last at 23, who worked a $20k a year cashier job at a grocery store, and never went to college.

But, I guess her parenting was a blight on society, right?

Sorry you dad wasnt around.... And getting an education and success is not the only thing a parent gives their kids. There are just some thngs that a mom can only do and only some things a dad can only do.... That's the difference. Those things....

Yes the family unit is in serious trouble nationwide. Too many single parents, divorced, or never married at all . I think that's a problem. Look at blacks .... Their struggle can be related to single parent homes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote - StLucieBengal - 05-27-2015, 12:14 PM