Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The importence and impact of a rookie d-player and reaching playoffs.
(05-28-2019, 02:07 PM)3wt Wrote: Yeah that got my attention as well.   If he's close to Edwards he'll be a really solid player.

And I like the idea that AJ Green said we are going to surprise some people his year.   I know it's that rose glasses time of year.   But I'm a little more excited than I thought I'd be.  Can't wait to get rolling!

Was very high praise, might be an underrated signing in Wynn.

Should be better on both sides of the ball going off the fact we had a Defensive minded HC last season, a terrible DC, a terrible LB coach and a bunch of injuries and still won 6 games. Hard for me to not see us winning more with an Offensive minded HC, a new DC, a new LB coach if we stay a little more healthy.

(05-28-2019, 11:08 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Bengals d-lineman taken in the 4th round of the draft since 2000:
Carl Lawson (looks to be the real deal, just needs to get healthy again)
Andrew Billings (maybe not great, but was the Bengals most improved player last year according to PFF iirc)
Geno Atkins (potential Hall of Famer)
Domata Peko (long time starter and defensive leader of the team)
Robert Geathers (pretty good career as a Bengal)

So many people said "the next Matthias Askew" when we took him, but why focus on the one 4th round d-lineman we missed on when we've had all those successes listed above? I didn't even mention Ryan Glasgow and a lot of people like him, too. They seem to know what they're doing finding DL talent down there, so I'm hopeful when it comes to Wren.

That said, if I'm looking for a rookie on D to make the biggest difference it'll be Pratt.

Yes, we have always done pretty well drafting D-lineman in the 4th round.

True with Pratt, he is definately the front runner for our rookie difference maker on Defense.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The importence and impact of a rookie d-player and reaching playoffs. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-29-2019, 01:57 PM