Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Biggest Bust in Bengals History?
(05-29-2019, 02:06 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Pretty much exactly what I was thinking - it's Akili, then Cedric for me. Akili gets the nod just because of what the Bengals passed up on (NO's entire draft).

Can't really comment on guys like Verser and Hunley because I'm not old enough to remember them. You guys definitely build a good case for them, though.

I can't really consider a 2nd rounder to be the biggest bust in Bengals history, personally, so I disagree on guys like Irons and Thurman.

I'm not old enough either, but I've heard the tales. Totally agree on 2nd rounders. Sure, they can be busts, but it's hard to throw a 2nd rounder up against guys like Akili, Klingler and Hunley. The expectations are higher for your 1st round picks.

(05-29-2019, 02:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: QB's and skill players are easier to evaluate statistically. A bad Tackle? I guess we can research sacks allowed, but what they do is more intangible.

Ced also wasn't a Top 3 pick.

Fair enough on being a later pick, but it was pretty clear how Og affected the team, stats or no. The negative impact he had puts him up there for me. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Biggest Bust in Bengals History? - Shake n Blake - 05-29-2019, 03:34 PM