Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tanner Roark Extension?
(05-30-2019, 04:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Important to remember that while he has a 3.57 ERA for his career, his ERA the previous 2 years is 4.50.... so a bit misleading.

He's pitched more than 5.1 innings only 2 times out of his 11 starts this year. That won't likely get better with age.

Roark also currently has a 1.420 WHIP to go with his career high BB/9, so I am not sure we'll see the 3.20 ERA survive for much longer.

- - - - - - -

The draft is soon, and then Keuchel will lose his draft pick cost. Would much rather spend money on him than Roark.

Castillo
Keuchel
Gray
Mahle
Santillan

Wouldn't be a half bad 2020 rotation at all.

I’m hearing that the Yankees, Twins, Brewers and Cardinals are currently in a bidding war over Keuchel. I would say that it’s very unlikely that he’s a Red. I’m guessing that one of those teams will pony up for a multi year deal too. Santillan May very well be overrated. He’s got a 3.66 career ERA and basically averages a hit per inning. His numbers are similar to Roark’s but he’s facing minor leaguers instead of the big boys. He hasn’t been excellent or even very good. He has been above average against lesser hitters. It’s time that the Reds spend some money and attempt to win a championship, its been 29 years. They need to pick up someone similar to a Keuchel and keep or pickup someone similar to a Roark. Santillan is a very big unknown and should be a backup plan. I’m tired of a huge unknown being the main plan, he should be a backup plan if the team is serious about winning a Championship. Their Roster just needs tweaked a bit.They’re gonna need some relief help by the deadline too if they’re gonna try to compete for a playoff spot this year. Fans will be pissed if they decide that they are sellers again this year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Tanner Roark Extension? - Circleville Guy - 05-27-2019, 09:35 PM
RE: Tanner Roark Extension? - bengalfan74 - 05-27-2019, 10:35 PM
RE: Tanner Roark Extension? - samhain - 05-28-2019, 01:14 AM
RE: Tanner Roark Extension? - psychdoctor - 05-28-2019, 05:55 PM
RE: Tanner Roark Extension? - Circleville Guy - 05-30-2019, 10:10 PM
RE: Tanner Roark Extension? - kevin - 06-02-2019, 11:56 AM
RE: Tanner Roark Extension? - grampahol - 06-02-2019, 06:19 PM