Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tom Pelissero: Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tyler Boyd said Bengals have 'the bes
(05-30-2019, 08:59 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Yes. 2005.

It took twenty years from Munoz-Remington days to get a duo.

Yep and then since Levi Jones and Rich Braham hopefully it is only 14 years lol

(05-31-2019, 08:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dead on.  And the offense, at least before becoming beset with injuries, was not the problem.  They have better depth at TE, RB, and offensive line.  A less predictable scheme that keeps Andy in different spots combined with the talent could yield huge dividends.  

If you look at what Mixon and Dalton were able to do behind last year's line, you would think they are salivating at the upgrades made on the line, at TE, and hopefully WR with Ross being utilized for more than a deep route between the 20s.  

Honestly, what I am most excited about with this offense (other than just the overall scheme, which is said to have more motion, misdirection, waggles, and bootlegs) is the rushing attack.  An even bigger and stronger offensive line compared to last year.  A healthy Billy Price in year 2.  And, significant competition at the RB position.  Yes, Mixon is our "bell cow", but they can keep him fresher by having a rotation with Williams and possibly Anderson and using Gio all over the field as a back and as a receiver.  The two new backs are guaranteed to prevent Mixon from becoming complacent.  Not saying that he would, but I don't care who you are when there is that kind of talent in the RB room there will be a healthy competition and will bring out the best in all of them.  

The biggest possible improvement that can be made to the defense right now is keeping them off the field for long stretches by owning time of possession and having long, sustained drives.  

What a RB competition we have, Traveon was my favorite RB in that entire Draft and Anderson was a Heisman trophy looking Back before got hurt. Adding these two guys to Mixon who i find to be just as talented as any RB in the NFL and Gio who is a very good RB that like you said can play Receiver and i wouldn't know what to do on Defense. It can be so unpredictable with all these guys.

Everyone of them knows how to run the ball, catch the ball, pick up the blitz and i am not even mentioning Hall, the other RB.

This Line that Turner is putting together just needs to open up a hole and any one of these backs, especially Traveon and Mixon can take it the distance. We will see how healthy Gio is and if age is catching up to him this year though, great player when healthy and i don't think he has been used right over his career and it is a shame. Anderson is extremely smooth, hard to take down and has great hands.

(05-31-2019, 08:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: YES!  Our old offense was predictable as hell by both personnel and formation.  You hardly EVER saw Dalton on a bootleg.  You hardly ever saw their TE screen that has a misdirection to the RB early (Nate, I know you love that play, too...good for 10-15 every time they ran in....all 3 times  Hilarious).  They rarely took advantage of guys playing off Ross with a quick screen and then see if he can make one guy miss.

And with respect to Glenn and Mller, ZT has said he likes his offensive line BIG IN THE MIDDLE.  With Glenn, Price, and Miller, you have three potential road graders that will not be easy to fly by up the middle.  Mixon was so adept at making the first guy miss, that he will probably not know what to do when he sees a gaping hole (Keep it clean, Fred).

Yeah, TE middle screen...

That shit can't be stopped lol

Ross is great in space, never understood why Lazor didn't try to utilize this part of his game. Would of gained that confidence ten times as fast if he did. Quick screens, drop offs, boot legs, short slants, short curls etc.

That is big in the middle no doubt. Price was a great run blocker at OSU and could just pancake dudes, has a great anchor, hope he gets back that nastiness in his blocking. Mixon is the guy besides Dalton i see having a huge year, hope to see him more in the passing game where he is so talented. Gio is good in the passing game too but he cannot run guys over or even make them miss like Mixon can. Get him the ball and let him work.

(05-31-2019, 09:08 AM)Au165 Wrote: Our offense was one of the best in the league last year, with a worse line, before our injuries started piling up. I don't think offense will be an issue, the question remains can the defense stop anyone.

That is the question, hope our new coaches recognized the problem.

The LB's were terrible and the overall tackling was poor.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tom Pelissero: Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tyler Boyd said Bengals have 'the bes - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-31-2019, 01:12 PM