Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton real close to 30,000 yds, 200 td
(06-01-2019, 12:59 AM)NKURyan Wrote: If it's the Tampa Bay game that I remember, fans were pissed. A guy a row or two in front of me literally ripped his Palmer jersey off and through it over the railing to the level below. It's the game that always comes to my mind when people start waxing poetic about Carson.

And here we are blaming a 3-year losing streak on Marvin Lewis when 9 years ago we were wasting time getting mad at the QB...go figure.

2010:  Carson Palmer sucks
2016-present:  Even Tom Brady couldn't succeed here....but also, Jeff Driskel is total garbage

(06-01-2019, 01:22 PM)H arleyDog Wrote: The booing was all disappointment for the way Palmer was carrying himself that year. He wanted out of Cincinnati and he was very vocal about it. It was sort of a slap in the face for the fans. The fans weren't booking his accomplishments. They were booing his character. Plus, for a QB who wanted out, this could be perceived as a QB throwing the game. Kind of like, "You don't want to be here? Then GTFO!"

Ehh, I don't expect people to miss or even like Carson, but you have to remember when Chad and TO were out Carson had some good games at the end of the year throwing to Jerome Simpson and company and he was looking happy and people were optimistic about what might happen without the diva WRs and fumble-itis Benson.  Then Carson wants out and he got tossed in the "reason we sucked" pile.

Carson wasn't popular in 2010, but during the year I recall Marvin/Chad/TO/Benson getting a lot of flack for letting us down.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dalton real close to 30,000 yds, 200 td - Nately120 - 06-01-2019, 01:35 PM