Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tom Pelissero: Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tyler Boyd said Bengals have 'the bes
(06-03-2019, 08:32 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll say...why, when we hired the guy I had to google his name to find out who he even is!  I'd consider that as being surprised by the guy, already.

I said the same thing about Jay Gruden...other than his name, what had he done in the NFL?  And no OTAs, with a rookie QB, and a team panned as likely to go 0-16?  And they went 9-7 and made the playoffs.  So who knows?  I am just excited at what i WON'T be seeing this year...or at least I would think I wouldn't see:  DBs playing 10 yards off a receiver on 3rd and 5.  LBs 6 yards off the LOS with stone feet on 3rd and 1.  Low % passes on 3rd and short.  The same plays run over and over again from the same formations.  A QB that never has designed roll-outs or waggles.  Zone defense when the strength of your defense is your CBs, who are better at man coverage.  

I can't wait to see what they get out of these players.  I have long thought we had the talent, but we were coached by a man that would have been a Super Bowl Champion...in the 70s.  

Please, Lou, blitz a bit more and more creatively.  Play to your team's strengths.  Create competition at every position and let the best players play.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tom Pelissero: Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tyler Boyd said Bengals have 'the bes - SHRacerX - 06-03-2019, 08:45 AM