Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tom Pelissero: Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tyler Boyd said Bengals have 'the bes
(06-03-2019, 09:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is so much more fun waiting to see what unfolds compared to hoping out leopard would change his spots.  I know that doesn't speak very highly of the old regime, and I am grateful for what they accomplished here, but it is time for a more youthful approach to see if they can't take it to the next level.  So, yeah, I am actually happier with an unknown over a boring known.  

That's pretty much how I see it.  I realize though that ZT's newness and lack of a resume at this level (combined with a league-wide skepticism of our front office) lead to him not getting the top picks of coordinators right off the bat.  Teams can turn around on a dime in the NFL, but this whole ZT thing is clearly a long-term investment, too.

I'm keeping my expectations guarded mostly because if we are dead-set on ZT being awesome and we don't have an awesome 2019 then people are likely to turn on the players unfairly.  That's fandom, though.  As we see it now 2016-2018 was a waste of time because of our coaching, and now that we've fixed that we will need a new head on the chopping block if things aren't peachy keen in 2019.  Hey, that rhymed. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tom Pelissero: Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tyler Boyd said Bengals have 'the bes - Nately120 - 06-03-2019, 09:24 AM