Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes it is a drag being correct
I am going to call it a decade and a half and change ago when more that once during the Bush years I pointed to our country's fascist leanings. The Obama years were little more than a speed bump in the march rightward. Ironically many who most cheered the march outcomes loudly denied it was happening. Yet now it has become so embarrassingly obvious civilized leaders of democracies around the world can rattle off a litany of things Our President does and say, no I am not talking about a fascist dictator from the 1930s but the American President. ( see linked article for example). I really wish I was the crazy alarmist I was accused of being, but I was correct.

It’s un-British to roll out the red carpet for Donald Trump

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jun/01/donald-trump-state-visit-red-carpet-unbritish?

With his lackeys cheering his highest approval rating ever (creeping past 40 percent) and him cockier than ever because literally any American but him would be under indictment for his crimes (some.high powered Republican lawyers from Bush's and Reagan's administrations have said so on camera) I am sad over how correct I was. Our *Leader* is above the law (yes, in large part because Pelosi is a ***** - why she strikes fear in Conservative hearts is beyond me) and the only question is how far above. He once boasted he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenu in broad daylight with no repercussions. I believe he could indeed shoot someone dead - not wound but kill -and the Speaker of the House would shrug and say, "Well the Senate won't convict him so why bother." I guess that is my question. Do you agree our current President could commit murder in broad daylight on camera with scores of witnesses and no consequences?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
Sometimes it is a drag being correct - xxlt - 06-03-2019, 11:07 PM