Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More tariffs paid by US consumers
(06-03-2019, 10:23 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Since when have Republicans been saying tariffs create fairness? Republicans have been blowing the "free trade" horn for decades, which is promoting an elimination of tariffs. Tariffs are contrary to a free market. I've said before that I am not against tariffs when done in a thoughtful and measured way, but this isn't that, and I also favor more government regulation in the market that the current mainstream of both major parties.

Also, the Republican mantra on taxes hasn't been that they trickle down. That would be a more liberal viewpoint on redistribution of wealth. The Republican mantra has been that tax cuts for the wealthy cause a trickle down benefit to others, which is doesn't. Instead, in both the tariffs being passed on to consumers and the tax cuts staying in the hands of the wealthy, the wealthy and corporations have just proven that they wish to hoard as much money as possible and continue to grow their share of the wealth in this nation without concern for the poor and middle class. So really, the fact that the idea of taxes trickling down isn't true and the fact that tariffs are paid by end consumers, is just two sides of the same coin, the coin being pocketed by the wealthiest people in the country.

TLDR

Ha dumb dems with their TDS.
Its like they forgot their parties principle beliefs because of some orange shitty haircut conman.

Sarcasm

Messages In This Thread
RE: More tariffs paid by US consumers - NATI BENGALS - 06-03-2019, 11:22 PM