Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes it is a drag being correct
(06-03-2019, 11:46 PM)Benton Wrote: It's just the nature of our partisanship.

Our local senior center is closing it's doors. Why? Because 60 percent of the funding was cut in one year. Why? Because the board was all appointed by the previous Democrat administration. It's the last 'democrat' board in the county. Once the agency ceases to exist, the republican govetnment will (hopefully) start something of their own. U til then? A handful of us middle age guys are trying to figure out how to provide 2500ish meals to seniors caught in the crossfires of all the damn winning.

Man, thanks for sharing but that stinks.WTH happened to this country (I blame Obama)? What happened to America first? What happened to respect the people who paved the way for us? Damn, if they are willing to sacrifice services to senior citizens (the only people who vote in any significant number and the only people almost universally revered by the average citizen) things are worse than even I thought. 
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sometimes it is a drag being correct - xxlt - 06-03-2019, 11:56 PM