Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes it is a drag being correct
I've drastically reduced my political media consumption in favor of more outdoorsy podcasts and pursuits. Mostly because thoughts like these were causing me a ton of stress. Don't get me wrong, I still stay informed, but I pretty much only consumed political media for a couple of years, there. Even while fishing, political podcasts would be in my ear. Now, I heard a conversation on one of the podcasts I still listen to about the question of impeachment.

I have to say that while I think Trump deserves impeachment, the question becomes "what do we get out of it?" 100% guaranteed he is still in office afterwards. So what accountability does it bring? It's not going to move the approval rating needle because we haven't sen that change much with any of the revelations about him. There is also a sizable portion of Democrats in the House that aren't all in on the notion of it, which means there is the potential for a divided caucus on the vote. That can be damaging to Democrats.

Those are all political considerations, though. If you're anything like me, you hate these excuses and just want people to ignore the politics when dealing with corruption. Unfortunately, impeachment is a political process and so political considerations are a big part of the calculus, and it is why Pelosi isn't moving forward on things.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sometimes it is a drag being correct - Belsnickel - 06-04-2019, 08:49 AM