Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes it is a drag being correct
(06-04-2019, 07:28 AM)hollodero Wrote: "Endorsing" seems a bit harsh. If a criminal goes free for lack of evidence, his deeds are not endorsed. And Trump would go free, no matter what she does.

I mean, I generally tend to agree, but I guess I can understand the position she's in. It's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't-scenario. Democrats can not win an impeachment battle. They can do the "right" thing for history, but it would be the wrong thing to get rid of Trump here and now. Plain and simple. Would you disagree with that?

If the Senate wants to own endorsing criminality make them own it. Make them accountable. Having integrity should never be underestimated. And as several pundits are pointing out, Nixon actually was elected in a landslide and thought to be untouchable. Then it turned out everyone was wrong. Trump (mighr have - the claims no votes were changed look shakier everyday) won an election by about the combined capacities of the Michigan and OSU stadiums. If the process begins it is possible that Trump could be removed. It would be nowhere near as shocking as Nixon's resignation. If not, let Republican politicians try to campaign on their choice.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sometimes it is a drag being correct - xxlt - 06-04-2019, 07:39 PM