Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes it is a drag being correct
(06-05-2019, 09:26 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: And that whole "drain  the swamp" mantra has also been a common theme in other autocratic leaders as they rise to power. I'm not disputing that Trump is inept at this whole thing, which is to our benefit because it helps prevents him from becoming a success story, but it can't be denied that he rode into office on a nationalistic fervor with an autocrat's attitude. Look at his inaugural address and tell me that wasn't more akin to an address from a dictator than from a democratically elected official.

That's more the result of him having been a boss and talking like he would talk to employees from a position of authority than a true dictator....although I can see where those would have similarities. But not really fascist.

Quote:Unless you off-handedly dismiss academics such as Timothy Snyder, Steven Levitsky, Daniel Ziblatt, and Lucan Way as "heavily left leaning," then no, they aren't. Well researched and documented scholarly work stands on firm ground.

Research of what? How his speeches sound? How he tries to use Presidential authority? Still subjective and not truly definitive.

I am certainly no Trump fan. But I still think those trying to link him to fascism are reaching out of frustration with him.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sometimes it is a drag being correct - Beaker - 06-05-2019, 10:56 AM