Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Candidates for 2020 elections.
(06-05-2019, 12:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The biggest mistake the DNC was to forbid him from running in 2016. They were so concerned about getting Hills in the House that they abandoned all reason. They most likely will do the same for Biden in 2020. 

Agreed on the hrc part, not sure on who they're going to push this time. It generally falls to a handful in the party, and it's the big cash raisers like pelosi. Ive been busy, but I haven't seen them really speaking out in favor of anyone yet.

(06-05-2019, 08:26 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: All of what you say here is true, but here is where I think it won't be Biden. The country doesn't want what we have had for decades. They want something different. This is why there were so many Obama-Trump voters. This is why Trump was appealing to the non-racists that supported him. Clinton didn't turn out Democratic voters in the general because she didn't excite them. Biden is another Clinton. He is more of the same establishment that many Democrats are not at all happy with right now.

Out of everyone on the board, I'm willing to bet that I am involved more in the Democratic party than anyone else, talking regularly with my local chairs, state chair, other officers and members as I handle some communications duties for our local committee. I cannot name anyone active in the party that is pulling for Biden right now. Granted, this is all anecdotal, but that is what I am hearing. The biggest reason he is polling at the top is name recognition. He and Sanders benefit from 100% name recognition, which is really the reason why they lead the pack. That is the game right now. The reason Mayor Pete is up there behind Harris and Warren? He ran for DNC chair after 2016 and was name dropped by Obama as a rising star in the party in 2017. So to insiders, he is well known.

Once the field starts to narrow and people start to get a feel for what these candidates stand for, I would expect to see the lead Biden holds, and Sanders for that matter, narrow or disappear. We are over a year from the convention, eight months from the Iowa caucuses that kick things off. As other candidates start to become more known and people learn what they are about, this field will shift drastically. This time in 2007, Clinton was polling better than Biden is right now. A lot can change between now and the convention.

Eh, I'll politely disagree.

Trump did well because 1- he's caustic, sexist, a republican and a man, and he's (I think incorrectly) perceived as racist. But chiefly among those, he wasn't a woman.

Just a small town newspaper poll, but back during the election we asked readers what the biggest "complaint" about each candidate did readers have. I'm trying to remember off the top of my head, but it's was about 30 percent that hrc was a Democrat and 28 percent "gender." Given the nature of the answer, I'd guess the truth was higher. 

People claim they want something different, but they never jump on it. The majority of people eat the same think nearly every time at their favorite restaurant. You're more likely (don't remember the percentage) to shop at a store where you've had a negative experience than somewhere new.

People say they want something different, then they elect a corrupt old white rich guy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Candidates for 2020 elections. - jason - 01-14-2019, 06:48 PM
RE: Candidates for 2020 elections. - Au165 - 01-21-2019, 12:14 PM
RE: Candidates for 2020 elections. - Dill - 03-22-2019, 01:11 PM
RE: Candidates for 2020 elections. - Au165 - 03-20-2019, 08:14 AM
RE: Candidates for 2020 elections. - Dill - 05-06-2019, 06:30 PM
RE: Candidates for 2020 elections. - Benton - 06-05-2019, 01:57 PM