Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
So, Conservatives not the psychotic ones, after all..
Oh, jesus christ . . .  Talk about your fake news.

As has already been pointed out, psychotic is an adjective referring to psychosis or a psychotic disorder.  Psychosis is a symptom which usually involves delusions like seeing or hearing things which aren't there.  Psychotic disorders are medical conditions such as schizophrenia which feature psychosis as a prominent symptom.

Psychoticism is a personality trait in a personality model developed by Hans Eysenck.  Eysenck is famous for claiming 80% of adult intelligence is based upon race, there isn't a link between smoking and lung cancer, and there is a scientific basis between astrology and personality.

Yet, somehow we missed where the same New York Post author also quoted the research article claiming conservatives scored higher in neuroticism which allegedly makes them moody, fearful, angry, anxious and believe their life is being threatened in normal situations and are more prone to alcohol and drug abuse and addiction, anxiety disorders, conversion disorder, and phobias?  

And predictably, bfine is arguing psychotic and psychoticism mean the same thing just two days after posting this about definitions . . .

(06-04-2019, 05:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree with this. Folks get too caught up in the treees (pun intended) around here and often totally disregard the forest. We must try to use definitions provided and it's why I usually they to cite them when questioned. The issue is many will go off half-cocked on your use of a certain word instead of seeking clarification and by following Rule #1 of PnR Forum they will double-down rather than admit to their Premature Exclamation.

As to the OP: Given Webster's definition: "favoring extreme changes in existing views, habits, conditions, or institutions" I suppose it would depend on your view of the current state.

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, Conservatives not the psychotic ones, after all.. - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 06-07-2019, 01:43 AM