Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should being a coward be a crime
(06-07-2019, 12:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm just saying people who aren't him are pretty sure they would have run in there, whether it is their job or not.  My point is that the average, untrained person in this country likely has a very unrealistic standard of bravery under fire due to our ego and culturally fed hero complexes.

(06-07-2019, 12:53 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I agree with a lot of what people have said here.  My stance needs some modification.

In the case of this individual, no, we cannot prosecute him because there is no case law or specific reference to engaging an active shooter in his contract (I assume).

But I believe that should be mandated going forward.  The job should pay more, should be highly trained and should needs to be filled by individuals more capable than some old low-T obese person.  There should be penalties if they fail to actively save as many children as possible.  While there is no test for bravery, consequences for failure exist in many high risk jobs and this shouldn't be much different.  Seems like the omission of training and lackadaisical hiring have produced a sub optimal product under the current system

Many of you are right.  We should not jail this specific degenerate because of a failed system he exploited for his own good.  

But who cares?  Fixing this would take money and we're just all out.  Sorry kids.  

Criminal negligence could be deemed to apply here, as (and Fred can probably clarify if I'm off) it deals with an injury that occurs as the result of someone acting outside their scope. Like you can't find an average guy off the street crimibally negligent for just anything. Say a guy has a heart attack in a restaurant, the chef couldn't be held accountable for not knowing cpr, but a doctor dining there could be.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
Should being a coward be a crime - bfine32 - 06-06-2019, 06:59 PM
RE: Should being a coward be a crime - Benton - 06-07-2019, 01:42 PM