Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump on Vietnam and his (lack of) Military Service
(06-07-2019, 05:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: My opinion of who is a coward for avoiding service has nothing to do with privilege.  Where did you ever get that idea?

My opinion is not based on how they avoided service.  If Trump or Biden got a medical deferment to avoid service and then said it was an unjust war that we should not have been involved with I would not call them cowards.

So lets get back to "comprehension".  When I said that not everyone who avoided service in Vietnam was a coward why did you keep insisting that we agree?  Is that also your position?  You don't think the guys who went to Canada were cowards just because they did not avoid service through privilege?

There are those meek folks who legitimately didn't qualify for service so those folks are not cowards, but everyone who got a deferment simply because of privilege was/is a coward; especially when they share space with a man such as the meek, blind allegiance John McCain. It's real easy, you either say yes I agree with that assertion or no I do not. Saying everybody who didn't serve in Vietnam is not a coward is not addressing the point made.

You said the exact thing except you focused solely on medical deferment and called them chickenshit instead of cowards.

Yes I also consider those that went to Canada to be cowards as well

Quote:coward (ˈkaʊəd)

n
a person who shrinks from or avoids danger, pain, or difficulty

Now someone like Ali I do not consider a coward. Perhaps unpatriotic, but not a coward.

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump on Vietnam and his (lack of) Military Service - bfine32 - 06-07-2019, 05:49 PM