Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
So, Conservatives not the psychotic ones, after all..
(06-07-2019, 11:46 AM)Dill Wrote: Well they do use some of the same WORDS. But then yours uses some other words too.

Here's your definition again: The condition or state of being psychotic or of being predisposed to develop psychosis; a scale in personality tests purporting to measure this.

Only the last part of that definition correlates to the term as used in the article. Notice the bolded. It speaks of a psychotic STATE, which would entail an inability to distinguish between reality and delusion. Not everyone is psychotic.  A STATE, not a TRAIT.

How is that "exactly the same" as psychoticism as a dimension of personality and temperament? A measurable trait everyone has? Was Eyneck's definition used to measure A STATE OF PSYCHOSIS in hundreds of subjects or a TRAIT? The extension of your dictionary definition is too wide for application to this matter. And I fixed that for you. But you still want to argue your definition is "exactly the same."

Crucially, do you understand how the term "psychoticism," by your or Eyneck's or anyone's defintion, is actually deployed in the article under discussion? Let's introduce your earlier statement about it.

OK, enough fun. Political party does not determine mental stability, but I have 0 problem with this guy pointing out a correction in an article that tried to paint it that way.

No article "painted it that way." I quoted for you the conclusion of the article. So I am guessing you do not understand how the term is used, and you have not even read the article. But that doesn't not stop you from making claims about it and contesting my correction with a dictionary definition. Which has the "same" words. 

This is not really very different from you commenting on the Mueller Report without having read it--because Barr told you what it says. Only in this case you let the New York Post read for you. 

What stays the same across these debates is your fixation on the first meaning thrown your way from a source you find authoritative, followed by your refusal to consider how context alters the meaning of words and actions by doing your own reading.  Once a word is spelled the same, it means the same--even in other definitions. The same, metaphorically speaking, for actions.  Throw up dust until someone goes down a side track of explanation. Only thing that remains now is posing that one question you'll claim no one answered. Then you're "done here."

Both the definition I provided and the definition you provided have been published. We'll just let folks determine if they are more similar or more different. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, Conservatives not the psychotic ones, after all.. - bfine32 - 06-08-2019, 01:04 AM