Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump on Vietnam and his (lack of) Military Service
(06-07-2019, 11:01 PM)Dill Wrote:   Some people avoided military service because they wanted to get on with jobs and the like. But many had moral objections to the war, and they were ready to pay the required price. Back in the '90s, one of the other soccer parents on my son's team had been a conscientious objector who was drafted and ended up spending two years in jail back in the '70s. Not sure I'd have the courage to do that, even though I objected to that war on moral grounds. If enough had done what he did, the war would have ended sooner with more lives saved.

I am not a true conscientious objector, though. I am fine with a war against Al Qaeda in A-stan to defend the US, but not with a war in Iraq to start off a New American Century.

And contrary to what Fred was asserting I said: Not everyone who didn't serve in Vietnam was a coward. If you chose not to serve out of principle and paid a price, then you could be considered courageous. 

As to me: I'm more of a Charge of the Light Brigade Guy. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump on Vietnam and his (lack of) Military Service - bfine32 - 06-11-2019, 07:11 PM