Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Marvin ever learn clock management
(09-29-2015, 08:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think many people realize this, but when a team goes into "hurry up" mode the percentage of interceptions and other mistakes increase.  When you rush things you make more mistakes.

The chances of throwing an interception also increases when the defense has most of its players in coverage instead of playing the run.

So while there may have been a slim chance of gaining 30 yards in 30 seconds there was also an increased chance of throwing a pick.

And I can pretty much guarantee that if Marvin had tried to push it down the field to get a fg and Dalton threw a pick six most people here would be calling Marvin stupid for doing that when his team was ahead and controlling the game.

No doubt there is risk but they had plenty of time to throw a couple more passes to get into fg range.  They had like 25 seconds left with the ball around the 50 if I remember, with 2 timeouts.  They let 15 or so seconds drain from the clock and then called a timeout.  Why not take the time out at 25 seconds then run the safe draw to see if you can spring another 10 or 15 yards, getting into fg range?  It was pointless going into halftime with timeouts in their pocket with that field position.

If you think Brady and Belicheat would have followed the same path you're completely crazy.

I've heard Mo Eggar time and time again that he would volunteer to be Marvin's Director of Common Sense.  Had Mo (or anyone else with any common sense) been besides Marvin we may have gone into halftime with a 17 point lead.  Gotta keep the foot on the gas all the time, you can't play fearing the worse - trust your team.  And that's exactly what they did in the 3rd quarter after the first drive, they completely went away with what they had success with and played not to lose.  Only when they had to kick it back into gear did they get Baltimore back on their heals.  Maddening...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Marvin ever learn clock management - Daddy-O - 09-29-2015, 09:09 PM