Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Will The Democrats' Platform Be In 2020?
(06-14-2019, 08:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With all do respect, Austria is much different that the US.  (and I don't mean that in a negative way)  For one, Austria has a population of only 8.7M people, and the US is over 330M.  The logistics involved with managing such a minute population are much different than that of a Nation with a population as large, and with as many diverse lifestyles as ours has.

Sure, my small country is not the best comparison. But there are bigger countries like Germany (which is more like 80M) also running pretty much the same system. I don't think size matters too much in that instance.

Also, I am not so certain how lifestyle factors into it. If you fall sick, you fall sick. Still the same human body with the same issues in the end, isn't it? I also feel like adding that we do have some different public insurers for different groups of people, so probably we're not perfect single payer. Also, we did not eliminate private insurance (or private doctors). And - our system has its flaws too, but overall? Pretty much no one has to worry to go bancrupt for medical bills, or worst case die because one couldn't afford the doctor. That's just such a nice thing to have (and doesn't even cost more overall) and I'd even argue this plays its part in our crime rates being lower overall. Less desperation, less struggle for survival etc.

But sure, I get it, there's a mandatory element that many Americans don't like. Legit. My answer was mainly directed at your "people in these nations are not thrilled with it" comment. Because yes we are. Pretty universally so.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Will The Democrats' Platform Be In 2020? - hollodero - 06-14-2019, 09:07 PM