Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MD's AG hopes to bring gerrymandering case to SCOTUS
(06-17-2019, 01:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What happens to the people that live under the bridges?  Where are the homeless, er I mean "migratory citizens" supposed to vote??  Depending on what season of the year it is, they could have an impact in some of the more closely contested districts.  Ninja

In all seriousness, the homeless population is a big concern when looking at voting issues. They often lack a permanent address, so they are unable to vote because they can't register, which is often why politicians will give lip service to the issue to satisfy the interest groups but not do anything about it once in office because they aren't a constituency that can vote for them (i.e. what's going on in California right now).

A local homeless man who renamed himself "Quiet T. Please" recently passed away, here. He was most well known in the community for trying to run for Sheriff, and later City Council, back in the '70s but being unable to because of a lack of permanent address.

I know your post was tongue in cheek, but these are the sort of issues that are a concern for many people because the homeless are underrepresented and often outright disenfranchised in this country.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: MD's AG hopes to bring gerrymandering case to SCOTUS - Belsnickel - 06-17-2019, 02:40 PM