Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Will The Democrats' Platform Be In 2020?
(06-14-2019, 10:18 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: They can do both if they're smart. Democrats are terrible at running for office, though, so who knows. Like I said in my first post, talking about how things haven't changed and, in the case of healthcare, have gotten worse in some ways is important. Talking about Trump ignoring the voters he courted to line his own pockets is a natural way to tie the corruption and the healthcare issue together.

Those social issues are the most important things to talk about, though. They are things that help all people.

Another political maneuver they need to make is to drop the whole gun control thing. It alienates a lot of voters from the party that could otherwise lean their way. There are so many hunters out there that are in favor of conservation efforts, recognize the effects of global warming, would favor progressive policies in other ways, but are scared shitless of Democrats because of gun control. There are other reasons I could go into about why they need to drop it, but I'm just focusing on the political for right now.

You'll rarely find people more wanting to preserve nature than those who go out, appreciate it, and put food on their table from it. They're also an enormous source of money for conservation efforts, and help keep the deer population from exploding out of control, causing massive swaths of plant life from being stripped clean leading to a massive die off in the winter from starvation.

Heck, the biggest outdoorsman/hunter President we've ever had was Theodore Roosevelt, and he created national parks, tons of forest reserves, fish and game reserves, and the Forest Service.

I think the problem is that Democrats have pretty much had the vegetarians, vegans, and PETA folk (and other organizations like them) pretty solidly on their side. Good luck explaining to a vegan PETA person that you're killing a deer (and eating it) to help conserve wildlife. (Meat is murder!  Ninja) So the effort might be trading less (but guaranteed) voters for more (but not guaranteed) voters.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Will The Democrats' Platform Be In 2020? - TheLeonardLeap - 06-19-2019, 08:53 AM