Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Will The Democrats' Platform Be In 2020?
(06-19-2019, 09:16 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Oh, I've had those conversations. LOL

I've convinced as few as two, possibly as many as six, people that previously abhorred hunting and (hook and line) fishing that they were ethical and humane ways of including animal protein into your diet. These are conversations I have on the regular, but I also talk about conservation of land, water, and wildlife a lot more than most.

Continuing on the topic of Democrats needing to slightly adjust their platforms for a wider support base, I saw where one of the candidates said they would have rejoining the Paris Climate Accord in their 100 day plan. That's kind of a non-starters for me. Don't get me wrong, I actually LIKED the goals/ideas in the Paris Climate Accord. I just didn't want the US to join the accord because it meant sending $3b of our money to other countries for a non-binding accord. 

Why give $3b to other countries (which in reality means giving like $700m to other countries and $2.3b to the bank accounts of other countries's leadership and their friends/family/business partners) when we could just spend that exact same money on our own country and make it a cleaner and nicer place?

Joining the Accord is a $3b non-binding gesture, and that's just a silly waste of money.

Take that $3b, and use it to fund a program for having non-violent people in jail volunteer to get supervised highway and beach litter clean-up in exchange for tiny amounts of pay and/or good behavior sentence considerations.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Will The Democrats' Platform Be In 2020? - TheLeonardLeap - 06-19-2019, 10:16 AM