Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump refuses to apologize for Central Park 5 death ad
(06-19-2019, 12:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Two things:
I realize how the following could be used to "defend" Trump, but I'd like to think I'd speak up for anyone receiving similar press/ social media responses.

I know no more about this story than what I have read here so I maybe be missing a more direct connection between Trump and the accused.

What I see is a citizen of NY posting an oped in a Newspaper, in which, he purchased space. I see he opined about violent crime in general in his city and acknowledged it affects all races/creeds.

The oped appeared 2 weeks after the Central park attack in question and doesn't refer to it specifically. I would be willing to go out on a limb and guess there was other violent crime in NYC in those 2 weeks and perhaps maybe, just maybe the accused of those instances did indeed commit those crimes.

So in short what should he apologize for IRT the oped?

**sigh**

This is getting old

(06-18-2019, 07:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Trump was asked today if he would apologize for his infamous 1989 full page ad and subsequent media appearances calling for the use of the death penalty on the Central Park 5,

Get it now?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump refuses to apologize for Central Park 5 death ad - fredtoast - 06-19-2019, 03:07 PM