Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The right's obsession with AOC
(06-20-2019, 10:55 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I not only read the article, I watched her interview. What she does is the same thing everyone else is doing: referring to the literal definition; however, she's open-minded enough to appreciate to connotation of the term with the Nazi camps and suggests we could use other phrases.

What folks have to do is ask themselves why they think AOC used the term Concentration Camps and interjected Never Again. Do they think she was trying to draw correlation to Nazi camps or just using the term because of its literal definition. 

Personally I think she used the term for shock value and compared millions that lost their lives in the holocaust with people detained for breaking the law. But everyone will apprach the situation with his/her own open mind to include the author cited. 

Personally I think she used it and "never again" because concentration camps have been used to place "undesirables" in them where they die due to deteriorating conditions and that in the past some have become extermination camps.

But maybe that's just because that's the truth about these camps and not a political talking point so it might be hard for some to comprehend.

I mean if one read the article and took all the information presented in this thread and still thinks it was just for "shock value" I'd think that that person is willing to ignore all the facts just to make a political point based on nothing more than what they "think" versus what was presented.  Or that they are incapable of imagining an elected official who speaks in more than word-salad sound bytes designed to rile or appease their base.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
The right's obsession with AOC - GMDino - 02-18-2019, 06:49 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - CJD - 02-18-2019, 11:30 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 04-03-2019, 10:53 AM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 06-19-2019, 10:14 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 06-19-2019, 10:31 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 06-19-2019, 10:27 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 06-20-2019, 03:54 AM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 06-19-2019, 10:35 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - GMDino - 06-20-2019, 11:11 AM