Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The right's obsession with AOC
(06-20-2019, 01:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Are they or are they not detained under armed guard? That is what makes it a concentration camp by the definitions. It is still detention without due process.

The funniest thing about this conversation to me is that I disagree with AOC (mostly). I can just see a rationale behind her word choice when you look at the definitions.

There under guard to prevent them from going somewhere they aren't permitted.  If you can leave then you're not detained, you're just not allowed to go wherever you want.  Look, I don't agree with some of our immigration policy, but the people in these facilities are there by choice.  They are also there while they argue their case, which is the definition of due process.

(06-20-2019, 01:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: Is it the policy of the US in these camps right now?

I'd think if it was one of Trump's minions would have said so: "They can go home whenever they want!"

But there has been none of that.

Uhm, yes, people do choose to return rather than stay in those facilities and fight their case.

Quote:And do you believe that if they don't have a place to go they can "can home whenever they want"?

Of course they have a place to go, back to their country of origin.  Are the homeless in the United States people with "nowhere to go"?

Quote:Like I said if that were the case DJT would have made a YUGE deal about it and how it's not his fault they are in the camps since they can "go home whenever they want".

You've had two people and a pro immigration site assure you this is the case.  If you don't care to believe it, that's cool.

(06-20-2019, 01:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So maybe we should start torturing these people so they will "voluntarily" self deport.

Make America Great Again, right?

Maybe we should just nuke the entire planet outside US borders, that would also be a hyperbolic way to solve this issue?  Thanks for contributing as always.

Messages In This Thread
The right's obsession with AOC - GMDino - 02-18-2019, 06:49 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - CJD - 02-18-2019, 11:30 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 04-03-2019, 10:53 AM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 06-19-2019, 10:14 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 06-19-2019, 10:31 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 06-19-2019, 10:27 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 06-20-2019, 03:54 AM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 06-19-2019, 10:35 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-20-2019, 02:20 PM