Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The right's obsession with AOC
(06-20-2019, 02:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't consider it due process when many of them have not even been accused of any crimes according to this report: https://www.oig.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/assets/2019-06/OIG-19-47-Jun19.pdf

Nor are they required to be permitted free entry while they claim asylum.  They absolutely do have a choice.  While it's not a choice you or I would like to make they can choose to return to their country of origin.  There are millions of people still residing in these countries.  Again, while you or I might not choose to live there the fact is millions do.  This is not a choice between entering a camp awaiting processing of my asylum request and a return to certain death.  

Quote:A lot of these people aren't in these camps by choice. They are seeking asylum, something they have a legal right to do, and are not here illegally and they don't have a place to go back to. That means they don't have a choice. They cannot go free anytime they choose.

No one is preventing them from seeking asylum, they are just required to reside in these camps while their request is processed.  They absolutely have a place to return to, but it's a place they choose not to return to.  So yes, they can leave when they want, and they choose not to.  You're making this sound like a choice between staying in these camps and jumping into a woodchipper.  It's not that and you know it isn't.  Billions of people on this planet live in horrible conditions by our standards.  Nearly every single one of them would come here given the option.  That doesn't mean they have no place to return to if they did or that every single one of them should be permitted entry.  You're engaging in an argument that probably only legitimately applies to a minute percentage of migrant applicants.

I'll reiterate, I'm not at all unsympathetic to those trying to migrate here, but you're trying to paint this as something it absolutely is not for the vast majority of those attempting to migrate here.

Messages In This Thread
The right's obsession with AOC - GMDino - 02-18-2019, 06:49 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - CJD - 02-18-2019, 11:30 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 04-03-2019, 10:53 AM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 06-19-2019, 10:14 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 06-19-2019, 10:31 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 06-19-2019, 10:27 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 06-20-2019, 03:54 AM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 06-19-2019, 10:35 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-20-2019, 03:40 PM