Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court allows severe partisan gerrymandering to continue
(06-27-2019, 12:01 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'll take a stab, but could be way wrong.  You are asking them to declare that something is unfair to one party over another.  Parties are private entities, not a part of the government.  Deciding that one party having an advantage over another and fixing it isn't in their jurisdiction. There is no right for a party to have a certain chance of winning. It's hard for me to explain what I'm thinking here.

I suppose that makes sense.

I'm just having a problem with the wording of the ruling saying (basically) "Yep.  This is bad.  Undemocratic. Wrong> But, uh, we trust the states where it happens can fix it or something.  Maybe the House and Senate can pass a law to make it better.  Dunno.  Good luck."

LOL

I know I'm over simplifying, but to me if you see/know something is wrong and bad you try and fix it not just shrug your shoulders and say "not our job...this time" because there will be other times they have no problem stepping in on the states.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Supreme Court allows severe partisan gerrymandering to continue - GMDino - 06-27-2019, 12:06 PM