Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Two different people in the last 24 hours have told me "Clint Boling is done" - JG
(06-27-2019, 01:09 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 1.) Health is a major concern for any team. Guys like AJ Green and Tyler Eifert do not grow on trees. Any team would have a problem replacing them.

2.) Can't disagree with you more on your take about RBs. Bernard is a starting capable player in his own right and we drafted two good ones in the draft. 
2b.) Know teams really invest in Backup QBs in free agency; the Bengals did what every other team does and drafted a backup early in the draft.
2C.) I get your point but How many 4th Are can replace the production. If AJ gets hurt again we are in trouble. If he doesn't though we're good.

3.) Yes our offensive tackle situation is bleek we should consider making a trade for at least a backup swing tackel. With that being said I believe Glenn can be a decent starter for us this season at LT. Hart is the bigger concern for me. 
To me the bigger question is Price can he rebound from a bad  year? I think Westerman can plug in and replace Boiling without problem. 

4.) I would say Vigil is underrated on this board and his injury in the middle of the season did more damage than people want to admit. 

Eifert hasn't finished a season in how long? Green has missed time the last few years. Glenn has missed time each of the last 3 seasons. Is there some reason why we should con ourselves into believing they'll get 16 games in? It would be great if they did, but history warns us otherwise. The new comers haven't stepped up, so the depth is weak, as I said and which is the point. There were lots of opportunities for a young WR to step up last season and none of them did, except for Boyd who replaced LaFell in the starting line up.

Bernard will never be a 3 down RB for more than a game or two, and probably not even that long. Mixon is head and shoulders above Bernard, and is at least as good as Bernard in the passing game.

Taking a backup QB early would be Garopolo in the 2nd like NE did a few years ago. Many teams have good backup QB. They just need to value the position. Phili values the position and got a SB win with a backup QB. We got one win in the back half of the season. In 2008, NE had a 11-5 record with a backup QB. Not everyone can see the difference though.

Boling was our backup LT last season. Now we don't seem to have one.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two different people in the last 24 hours have told me "Clint Boling is done&... - BengalChris - 06-27-2019, 01:39 PM
CLINT BOLING done.....?????? - corpjet - 06-27-2019, 08:30 AM