Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Stupid Things Said At The Democratic Debate
(06-27-2019, 11:53 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Whoa whoa whoa buckaroo!! Are you trying to say an unhinged democrat can beat the russia/trump/electoral college election rigging machine? 

Maybe...but America seems to be on a steady routine of an 8 year cycle where we elect someone, then elect ANYONE who is of the opposite political party of the guy we loyally stuck with for 8 years.

I was in grad school in NY when Bush was up for re-election and I said he's probably going to get a 2nd term and then no matter who the democrats dig up in 2008, the democrat will win.  Then I was in rural PA when Obama was elected and people were immediately talking about how obvious it was that he was a weak one term president.  I pointed out that barring insane happenings, that Obama would be in for 8 years and then whomever the republicans dig up (no matter how insane) will win in 2016.

I will say that Trump has sort of broken the mould because his election and his presidency has been so bizarre, but I can certainly see him getting another 4 years and his fan base being thrilled until they realize 8 years of Trump is going to open the door for the most insane left-winger to waltz right into the white house...for 8 years.

I'm a cynic, but if Trump wins in 2020 I don't see politicians catering to sane people any time soon.  It's going to be a debate of free walls versus free college versus free jingoism vs free healthcare and so on.  

(06-28-2019, 12:03 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: They're all pretty clueless and irrational.  

If you watch people confronting them at rallies and things, they all just scream, threaten violence, and have no substance or reasoning behind hating him.

Ok, but it doesn't matter if the people who are anti-Trump are sane or not, or if they have any idea why they are voting for "not Trump."  Illogical votes still count, so the fact that anyone is bothering to get riled up against Trump isn't going to help his case. That's the great thing about this country. I can go to the voting booth and say "I'm voting for (candidate name) because I'm 87% sure he's actually a giraffe in disguise!" and my vote counts as much as someone who actually know two things about the country.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stupid Things Said At The Democratic Debate - Nately120 - 06-28-2019, 12:04 AM