Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Wall Street pay off student debt
(07-01-2019, 11:21 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: For all of those. In that order. The student reaps the most reward, then the employer, then the government, then society as a whole. So you agree it's a good investment and passing off debt to other taxpayers who didn't go to college is a dumb idea.  ThumbsUp

Thanks for proving student loans should (and can be paid back) by the people who took them out because college is a good investment  ThumbsUp

If society, the government and employers are all rewarded when students earn college degrees, why would I agree the cost of a student's education should be borne only by one stakeholder, the student--especially when the employer appears to have more say than ever in what students learn? When tertiary education is viewed as job training, then why shouldn't the real end user, the employer, be paying most or all of the cost?   (You didn't answer my question about the Morrill Act.)

Since this thread is about debt, though, there are two prior questions: 1) why has the cost of college risen out of proportion to inflation? and 2) why have banks and others who profit from lending been able to fix high interest rates and other conditions on student loans--including their exemption from bankruptcy laws? That can't be explained by reference to student character.

I am wondering if big business is reaping the rewards of the increasing vocationalization of education--namely an inability to imagine policies and solutions outside the vantage point of business.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Wall Street pay off student debt - Dill - 07-01-2019, 11:02 PM